Conference Call Notes 20071031
Oct 31, 2007
Participants: Altintas, Barseghian, Crawl, Gallagher, Higgins, Jones, Ludäscher, Rueda, Schildhauer
- Dan Crawl - new developer.
- joining telecons from now on, will begin on REAP 50% time in Dec.
- already has Kepler dev experience, will work on ocean usecase; actors, including Matlab
- Ilkay will be gone from from roughly Thanksgiving - Jan15, but will try to still join telecons
- Discussion of how Matlab actor needs to be improved
- launches new Matlab instance each time currently, this is slow
- need to better deal with output files
- needs to be generalized
- Metadata format for data in RBNB?
- Discussion of sensorML, o&m, EML, etc.
- Carlos will continue comparing them, and filling out SWE page
- Ocean usecase
- Peter will write small usecase that obtains and combines two different datasets, and uses Matlab or R for statistical calculations on them
- Mark and Ilkay will look at translating Huai-Min's code into a Workflow
- Mark met Guillermo Podestá, two interesting links: