Oct 18 2010
Participants: Barseghian, Crawl, Gallagher, Ludaescher, Riddle, Tao
- plotting discussion
- dan's added a couple bugs to bug#4752 that dan and derik ran into
- sean: i forgot to check in some classes, checking these in should fix many of these
- derik - some sensor-view bugs
- sometimes many NPEs when plotting on my mac and java 1.5
- importing a sensor site, or opening a saved sensor site (xml or kar) doesn't automatically switch your set of Views to sensor site and plotting
- sensor actors not in tree in sensor site view
- dan: the kars haven't been made yet
- when workflow not running, just going into a config dialog for a sensor actor, and hitting cancel, will change the sensor's color.
- focus is stolen from user when user is dragging an actor around but the sensor workflow is running (and updating actors progress displays (data point values))
- can we remove Workflow Scheduler view now that it's in a Tools menu? yes.
- james update
- 15 hours to crawl a site, 30mins to crawl it for URLs, 17min to group urls, 1m to generate EML. bottom line: use urls
- we should attempt the social solution of writing things that describe the aggregations and call people and ask them to put the xml on their servers.
- will be presenting at 9th Earth Science Data Systems Work Group, will email links to presentation and abstract.