Mar 21 2010
Participants: Barseghian, Crawl, Cornillon, Gallagher, Jones, Potter, Tao
- working on DT=>metacat workflow
- fixed: wf wouldn't archive anything if no metadata change since last run
- added mechanism to compare metadata from sensor to see if it's changed since last run
- cleaned up workflow using composites
- added some top level parameters
- TODO test against real SPAN server
- TODO matt: is archiving easy enough for a new user? is it possible to easily select specific sensors for archiving?
- working on advanced search
- able to make queries and get results, found and discussed w/ ben metacat limitations
- temporal queries not supported by metacat. Matt: Ben has added support, but not yet in deployed metacats.
- current approach has some long term scalability issues
- now need to work on results browser, and integrate with kepler. dealing w/ some Swing issues.
- currently querying based on spatial and temporal resolution doesn't work -- info not in EML. James will help with this
- Matt: give us feedback on if you think the EML schema (spatialRaster) needs to be relaxed wrt resolution. For now can use additionalMetadata. It can point at individual entities.
- jianwu sent new version of Front workflow last week, I'm going to test it locally, and then master-slave.
- annual report, I'll be emailing asking for paragraphs and publications