Jul 30, 2008
Participants: Altintas, Barseghian, Crawl, Gallagher, Jones, Potter, Tao, Wang
- SISS/ISI collaboration - likely work with ISI. work will probably be to do with interface layer (to kepler) of middleware systems. Their level of abstraction, what functions to expose to clients like Kepler
- dev update
- Crawl - removed postgres DB dependency, looking into matlab actor crashes
- Wang - working on a document evaluating current distributed architecture approaches in Kepler
- Barseghian - PAR workflow and R actors, site and possible new site issues, gumstix
- Gallagher - to look at crawler code
- ocean wf
- demo has been completed, need to make data subsetting within a workflow (fine tuning opendap urls w/ opendap actor) more user-friendly.
- eval ocean wf and see if it's user friendly enough / fulfills general spirit of usecase.
- after this maybe contact huai min via peter