Conference Call Notes 20091123
Nov 23, 2009
Participants: Barseghian, Crawl, Cornillon, Gallagher, Jones, Ludäscher, Riddle, Wang
- Cornillon: discussion. will get programs to jianwu et al after Dec 7
- Barseghian: update. will pick a time w/ Sean for UI feedback on tagging/wrm
- Riddle: tagging UI basically finished now
- Crawl: Jones: do we need a more abstract API between Kepler and SPAN? Crawl: it looks like we'll be able to use SPAN API
- Jianwu: mapreduce and kepler+hadoop discussion. will give devlunch talk on this.
- Altintas: interviewing candidates
- Jones: after the holidays we need a concrete plan for end of year.
- Supriya has created a streaming aggregation actor, and modified the growing degree days workflow to use it. Workflows like this one can be simplified using this actor.
- Quinn put some effort into using DT w/ COMET but ran into some issues
- Jones: it's important everyone check that everything required to release modules is incorporated in code base as we prepare for 2.0 release