Opendap Data Connector In Kepler
Using the Opendap Data Connector In Kepler
- You will need a recent version of Kepler. If you don't have access to Kepler CVS, download the nightly build: http://kepler-project.org/nightly/zip/
Download kepler-odc-1.zip: http://users.sdsc.edu/~crawl/kepler-odc-1.zip
- (get kepler20080129.zip or newer)
Import modified Opendap actor into Kepler: File menu -> Import Archive (KAR) -> ods-actor.kar
Load workflow: File menu -> Open File -> ods-wf.xml
Double-click on OpendapDataSource2 actor to configure parameters.
Click on the runODC check-box; ODC should start. BEFORE using ODC, do step 8.
Close the actor's configure parameters box by clicking Commit or Cancel. (ODC GUI will NOT respond until this is done).
Select a dataset in the ODC. This can be done by clicking on one of the folders and double-clicking on one of its files. This should take you to the Retrieve pane/tab. In the middle-pane, double-click on a dataset and the fields should appear in the "Additional Criteria" pane on the right. Select some of the fields by clicking in the check boxes.
- This contains several files. For each move into the appropriate directory: ($KEPLER = top level Kepler directory.)
- datasets.xml : move into $KEPLER
- gazetteer.txt : move into $KEPLER
- opendap-Not.A.Release.jar : move into $KEPLER/lib/jar/opendap (replace existing opendap-Not.A.Release.jar)
- odc.jar : move into $KEPLER/lib/jar/opendap
- ods-actor.kar : modified Opendap actor, can be anywhere.
- ods-wf.xml : workflow using modified Opendap actor, can be anywhere.
Change pull-down next to "Output to" button (bottom right) to Kepler, and click "Output to" button.
Close ODC, then Opendap actor will reconfigure output ports to match constraints set in ODC.
(Optional) Connect output port(s) to Display actor and run workflow.
- NOTE 1: Some of the datasets in the Search pane appear to be no longer online. At the end of these instructions are two working datasets.
- NOTE 2: Select/constrain only a few fields, otherwise executing the workflow will take a long time and/or Kepler runs out of memory.
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
OASIS Mooring Data
dailyAveragedM0.nc, fields: LONGITUDE_HR, LATITUDE_HR, DEPTH_HR, ADCP_DEPTH
US GODAE - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (USGODAE)
NOGAPS Computational Grids
NOGAPS_comp_grid_alb-0000, fields: lat, lon, time