Obtain target minus comparison SST data set statistics from the match-up data base.
The interface should provide flexible access to a range of analytical capabilities.
- Input: A match-up data set generated by Use Case #3.
- Output: Statistical representations of the target minus comparison data set SST values.
Basic course of events:
- Define refinement parameters:
- nearest neighbor,
- min-max difference
- Refine match-up
- Calculate target, comparison SST pairs (1 SST value for each); e.g., using nearest neighbor, average, bi-linear interpolation,...
- Calculate statistic associated with target and comparison match-ups; e.g., variance, min-max difference, skewness,...
- Define filter (or stratify) parameters:
- refined statistic
- target-comparison distance in space and time
- comparison data set
- Define statistical analyses;
- histogram differences
- mean and variance
- Apply statistical analyses on the refined match-up data set target minus comparison SST value
- Output plots, tables
Author and date - SST Use Case Development Group 25 July 2007.
Back to the main Ocean SST page