A match-up data set is obtained from the target data set and the comparison data sets. This data set consists of match-up data elements which consist of three parts: SST values and associated locational metadata for the target data set, SST values and associated locational metadata for the comparison data set (for some data comparison data sets, this will consist of one SST value and its location in space and time) and metadata further characterizing the match-up element such as the URL or name for the comparison data set, a match-up element sequence number, a space and time value for the element, etc.
- Input: The list of data sets identified by Use Case #2.
- Output: Match-up data set ==> input for the comparison use case (Use Case #4).
Basic course of events:
- Provide match-up search parameters:
- Co-location (space and time) search radius to identify matchup
- Target data set buffer size -- size of the sub-array of the target data set to be returned as part of matchup element
- Comparison data set buffer size -- size of the sub-array of the comparison data set to be returned
- Build Matchup elements (iterate over comparison data objects and comparison data sets)
- determine match-up (space-time) location
- acquire target data set subset (data cube) extracted from the target data set
- acquire a comparison data set subset (one that meets the match-up criteria)
- add additional metadata as needed
- package these data into a match-up element
- Construct integrated data set of match-up elements, and archive the result set
Author and date - SST Use Case Development Group 25 July 2007.
Back to the main Ocean SST page