In this use case the user finds and selects data sets that meet a set of search criteria. The search criteria are specified by the user.
- Input: Parameters associated with the target data set.
- Output: List of data sets ==> This list is the input to Use Case #3, in which a match-up data set is built.
- Data sets must be discoverable with GCMD, ADL or ...
- Must know certain critical aspects (metadata) about target data set-- such as spatial extent, temporal extent, spatial resolution and temporal resolution,
Basic course of events:
- Provide data set search parameters:
- spatial range
- temporal range
- spatial resolution
- temporal resolution
- type (climatology or time series)
- source (model, in situ, satellite)
- Access mechanism
- Issue request to search engine(s).
- Manually filter response to arrive at the desired data set list
- Output this list.
- Data sets may be remote
- Data sets may not be well described
- Data sets may be very large
Author and date - SST Use Case Development Group 25 July 2007.
Back to the main Ocean SST page